*Re-blogged Past Post with Update*
These days it can hard to find people you trust’ let alone trust enough to handle your money along with money from multiple people and sort orders correctly. On top of that you your order to ship in a timely manner once you have paid shipping costs from the mama running the co-op group. I have read many stories about parents getting ripped off and no one responding, to stories of parents wanting their items only to find their Paypal account has been credited with the amount they paid. Most of use have a least considered using co-ops because we are on a budget and want the most bang for our buck.
Enter Facebook. I have found quite a few reputable co-op groups through Facebook pages geared towards moms, cloth diapering parents, etc. Now it is time to share my wonderful finds. All of the groups I have joined use the following standards.
- Invoicing usually done via PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to pay but PayPal does offer buyer’s protection if anything goes wrong.
- Co-ops are usually open for 2 weeks
- Orders normally taken via spreadsheets or forms posted via Google Docs.
- Always posts notification of when invoicing for co-ops will begin.
- Normally has a payment due by date posted
- Keeps all docs updated for member reference.
- Very personable and always has an open line of communication
- Hard work ethic. willing to go that extra mile
Kawaii Co-Op– This group started out as a Kawaii Baby Diaper group only but has recently expanded to Alva, Little Piggy’s. The admin for this group is currently looking into offering other co-ops and the gorup is going to undergo a name change to Fluffy Bums Plus Co-op
Happy Flute Co-Op An extremely active group that focuses on co-ops for popular China made diapers. The brands they offer have loyal followers who see past their China made diapers as “cheapies”. The diapers offered in this group may come from China but are of high quality.