For the last couple of months I have been cooking up a storm. I am currently on a mission to serve my family more real food for less. To top it off I am also trying to make recipes that are quick and easy. Tonight I served shrimp scampi and it was a hit. The following is the recipe as stated on the All Recipes website with my own additions and substitutes at the bottom.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta $1.20
- 1/2 cup butter (on hand)
- 4 cloves minced garlic (used garlic powder I had on hand)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (used 1lb from 1.5lbs bag of frozen cooked shrimp $4.50 from BYGO for $8.99 deal)
- 1 cup dry white wine (used white cooking wine $2.00 from 2/$4 sale)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (on hand)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (on hand)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (omitted)
- Total Cost: $7.70 (actually enough for us to feed 5 or 6 people)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta and return pot to boil. Cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds while stirring constantly.
- Mix shrimp with drained pasta in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.